The National Health Corps in North Florida AmeriCorps program is accepting applications for four member positions to begin their service term on November 16, 2015. The NHC program is looking for individuals that have a passion for serving others and an interest in public health to complete their team of 24 NHC AmeriCorps members.
NFHC AmeriCorps members commit to a 1700 hour/46-week term of service at various public health focused nonprofit and government partners in five counties in North Florida, including Duval, Baker, Clay, Nassau and St. Johns. Members provide direct services through their host site including activities like:
- Enrolling uninsured patients into Medicaid or the market exchange
- Enrolling patients into prescription medication assistance programs
- Enrolling pregnant women into programs like Healthy Start
- Facilitating nutrition and fitness education with school children
- Providing health education workshops on topics such as chronic disease prevention and smoking cessation
- Facilitating STD/HIV and pregnancy prevention education to teens
- Helping people navigate the health care system by making appointments and providing free health screenings.