The Coalition elected new officers and members at its annual meeting January 20th.
The new 2022 Board officers are:
- Pauline Drake, Esq., Chair. Judge Drake is a retired Duval County judge.
- Mark Hudak, MD, Vice Chair. Dr. Hudak is a neonatologist and chair of pediatrics at the UF College of Medicine-Jacksonville.
- Carol Neil, PhD, Secretary. Dr. Neil is a Professor of Nursing at Florida State College at Jacksonville and president of the First Coast Black Nurses Association
- Linda Forde, CPA, Treasurer. Ms. Forde is a partner with the Forde Firm and a new Coalition member.
The new 2022 Coalition members elected are:
- Linda Forde, CPA, The Forde Firm
- Kortney Wesley, District Director for Congressman Al Lawson, who represents Florida’s Fifth Congressional District
- Stephanie Thomas, Commercial Relationship Manager with Regions Bank
The Coalition also thanked the following members for their service:
- Dr. Stephen Baker, retired Professor with Jacksonville University, served for 14 years.
- Rev. Tommy Rodgers, a community advocate, served for 14 years.
- Janice Hawkins, with Sunshine Health, served for 10 years.
- Jeannie Bowles-Potthast, a former NICU parent and staff with UF Health, served for 10 years.
- Leslie Allen, a retired Licensed Clinical Social Worker in the area of Infant Mental Health in Duval County, served for eight years. Ms. Allen, a passionate advocate and long-time Coalition member, passed away in December 2021.
- Peggy Boord, Chief Financial Officer with Operation New Hope and outgoing Treasurer, served for three years.
- Dr. John Davis, Chair of Obstetrics and Gynecology at UF College of Medicine, served for three years.
- George Maxey, a community advocate, served for two years.
- Dr. Tiffanie Williams, founder of Liam Lives Foundation, a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and outgoing Secretary, served for two years.