World Breastfeeding Week is from August 1 to 7 every year. Held by the World Alliance for Breastfeeding Action every year since 1991, the week is intended to be a celebration and awareness campaign that brings attention to the issue of breastfeeding to communities all over the world. Read our seven days of posts looking at the latest research, new policies and related events.
- Day 1: World Breastfeeding Week kicks off
- Day 2: Breastfed children less likely to have asthma, respiratory issues
- Day 3: Breastfeeding support from hospitals key to breastfeeding rates and duration
- Day 4: The Big Latch On event to celebrate World Breastfeeding Week
- Day 5: Twenty Florida school districts implement work-site breastfeeding policies
- Day 6: AAP releases updated New Mother’s Guide to Breastfeeding
- Day 7: Breastfeeding moms need support and empowerment year round