Organizations interested in hosting group prenatal care classes through the CenteringPregnancy model have the opportunity to participate in a workshop organized by the Centering Health Institute.
The workshop is June 24 and 25 from 8 am to 4:30 pm at the Crowne Plaza Hotel. Complete the registration here.
This two-day interactive workshop provides the basic information needed to begin CenteringPregnancy group care. Demonstration, discussion and practice opportunities at the workshop will draw upon individuals’ experiences and address site-specific needs.
Workshop objectives include:
• Understanding the basic principles underlying a group approach to prenatal care
• Understanding Centering Pregnancy as a particular model of group prenatal care
• Articulating the theory guiding groups and to differentiate Centering groups from other types of groups
• Identifying leadership components
• Understanding the potential contribution of the model to the education of professional students
• Developing a plan for the design and implementation of a Centering program within various agencies
Participants receive 12 credit hours (1.2 CEUs) from the American College of Nurse-Midwives.