The Atlantic Hurricane Season officially starts June 1. Pregnant women and their families in Northeast Florida should take special precautions to ensure safety in case of a severe weather event.
Here are some resources for families:
- Disaster Preparation Brochure for Pregnant Women (March of Dimes)
- Disaster Preparation Brochure for Families with Infants (March of Dimes)
- Hurricane Tips for Pregnant Women (Florida Department of Health)
- Emergency Preparation Information for Pregnant Women & Families (CDC)
- Get a Kit (American Red Cross)
- Tropical Cyclone Preparedness Guide (National Weather Service)
The latest hurricane news can be found at the National Hurricane Center.